Texas Primaries were held yesterday, and three of our nine endorsed candidates were up to bat -- Mary Gonzalez for TX State Rep, Marc Veasey for Congressional District TX-33, and Mary Ann Perez for TX State Rep. Each of the candidates are strong examples of a Progressive Champion. We’re extremely proud to announce the results of each race.
- Mary Gonzalez - She made history -- first woman from lower El Paso Valley ever and will be the only openly gay member of the Texas state legislature. Mary won her district outright as well, avoiding a runoff. Read more about the race and results here.
- Marc Veasey - Won a plurality yesterday, sending him strongly into the Democratic nomination runoff for Congressional District 33 with Domingo Garcia. This seat is a Dem pickup and key to helping take back the U.S. House of Reps. To read more about this race, click here.
- Mary Ann Perez - With a late burst, aided by independent expenditure effort by Texas Organizing Project, Mary Ann was able to clinch the nomination outright for TX State Rep. District 144. To read more about this race, head over to Kuffsworld.
PAC+ would like to congratulate each candidate AND thank our friends and supporters for helping us support these Progressive Champions.
Check out more news clips about our Texas results.
- Gay Politics - Latina lesbian wins seat in Texas House
- Garcia, Veasey Head for Runoff
- Texas Tribune - Live Blog: Primary Election Results
- National Journal - Openly Gay Latina Wins Texas House Seat
- Dallas Voice - Gay Texas House candidate leads after early voting in El Paso
- Hispanic Business - Forth Worth lawmaker takes early lead in District 33 congressional race